Friday, April 03, 2009

Rainy friday

Looked through it with interest at Forbidden Planet on Saturday. Blanched at $30 price tag. Requested it through our new super duper library network. In my hands for free Thursday morning :-)

Sag's socks are finally done! They need to be spray blocked (wet with water from a spray bottle and then air dried) and then will be tootsie-ready.

Gorgeous, gorgeous yarn. 100% merino wool that is so cushy while providing great stitch definition! And the colors. Just makes you want to sink into them. I have another skein from our visit to St. Petersburg and am all excited about what to knit next with this fabu yarn.

How did I ever lose my connection to knitting for a couple of months? I dug around the stash last night choosing new projects. Flipping through my binder of patterns and some books, marveling and swooning at beautiful and wonderful yarn at every turn, squinting at the cords of circular needles trying to discern the fading #s identifying needle sizes...

Bagged and ready to go: Hypoteneuse, Rock and Roll Cowl (I'm going to use this pattern with Ironstone Whimsey and Malabrigo chunky yarn: see the posts before or after this one to check out the yarn combo), and Gem's bamboo scarf (a red and gold number he is designing himself).


My shaggy-haired duo engrossed in the Star Wars lego computer game.

The buds and early blossoms are getting a good drench today. The great bloom is a-comin' our way.

No comments: