Thursday, March 05, 2009

Swirly healing

I recounted the experience of directing swirls of incense smoke your way (at certain temples in Japan) to a friend this morning. A visceral and lovely thing. Especially if your sense of smell helps you go deeper (as mine does). The idea is that the smoke imparts healing/health to you. If you have a particular ailment, you wave and waft the smoke towards specific areas on your body.

Positive, healing energy is abundant and around us. Qi gong helps direct that energy...helps to create pathways in you in order for ease and vitality of energy flow. It can change so much.

My before bed practice has improved my sleep dramatically. This morning I doubled my practice and still clocked in at under 30 minutes. I'm going to try to slow the movements down tomorrow morning.

Sending wishes for a great day your way.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

I'm so glad you're sleeping better. It makes all the difference in the world!