Yesterday I had some time out in the Big Apple with Cap sans kids. Forgot to bring the camera so follow the links for the visuals...
Left the kids in the care of Sandy and Mike and took the subway into Manhattan.
Went to Curly's Vegetarian Lunch for some vegetarian fare. I was in the mood to have something I wouldn't normally make at home and had the buffalo blue cheese "burger" and a side of curly fries with a mug of Mexican hot chocolate with whipped cream.
Stopped into Knit New York. Some skeins of Noro Kureyon in the perfect spring colorway (#95) set my heart to high flutter so I surrendered.
Walked over to Forbidden Planet where Cap found what he was looking for and I chose some books for the kids.
Then strolled down to Broadway Panhandler. I picked up a tortilla press, an item I've wanted to get for over a year, and also a splatter guard for our fish fries. We passed Grace Church on our way, a spot I've long admired from the outside, but never explored.
We continued downtown to Babycakes and picked up some cupcakes for dessert. They had a signed photo of Rachel Maddow on the counter which made me smile. The brownie cupcake with mint-vanilla frosting? The bees' knees.
We passed the Tenement Museum and talked about going there next time we're in the city for some grown up time.
1 comment:
Thank you for the tour of you day yesterday. Looks like you fit a lot in for just one afternoon. Babycakes looked pretty amazing!
Post a Comment