Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring festival

Spring is a-comin'. I enjoy celebrating with food. I tried my hand at a GFCF Irish Soda bread today. It is tasty, if a touch undercooked... (I subbed sweet rice flour for the millet and brown rice flour for the sweet sorghum. Oh, and no caraway for this girl. I went with the orange zest :-)

4 comments:

mh said...

We had the same celebration--except instead of GFCF Soda Bread we had whole wheat (b/c I didn't have white). It came out okay if a bit dense. And it must be a genetic thing--no caraway for us either.

We also had corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. And for dessert--green rice krispie treats. Takai, Mom and Ellie came over. It was very nice.

shirley said...

Do you have any leftovers? :-)

Julie_c said...

The bread looks good. Man, I miss being able to throw raisins into baked goods.

shirley said...

This was the first time in a loooong time I put raisins in something I baked and I loved the end result! No raisins for Magoo?