I snapped this picture as my brother and I headed into the city with the kids to see a holiday train exhibit. Then the battery out symbol started to flash.
It had been one of those mornings. We woke to snow (see previous post---it wasn't November, it was actually December---it's all coming back to me) and of course, it was irresistable. So we had our morning of playing in the snow followed by the requisite hot chocolate. I kept an eye on the forecast because we were due at my brother's where Cap would be meeting up with us after flying home from Texas.
As lovely as the train exhibit sounded, I wasn't optimistic about our actually making it there.
But, the boys' spirits and motivation persevered. They have a quiet confidence that life will happen as their thoughts and wishes unfold and become consciousness. A powerful and simple reminder for me who has feeling not very much that way lately.
Cap's flight was delayed, but not enough to abandon the afternoon with my brother followed by an evening with Lisa, Ellie, Sandy, Mike and my mom. Our drive was just under an hour (very good), though we didn't avoid the inevitable trolling for a parking spot.
We walked into their apartment, the kids said yes they still wanted to see the trains, we figured we had enough time before the rest of the family arrived and so off we went.
The kids really liked the train set. Lots of Lionel trains moving through scenes of Manhattan, the North Pole and a winter wonderland. It was cool just walking through Grand Central terminal, for me. I hadn't been there since my highschool reunion and was eager to be struck by the beauty of the station's interior, again.
We took the 7 train back because First had selected a replica of the 7 train as his souvenir. That was fun, too. I hadn't been on the 7 in many, many years.
Kinder really wants to get back there. Hopefully, we'll make it back there with Cap before the year is up.
3 comments:
Make sure you check out the train exhibit in the Citicorp building. It's amazing!
I wonder if there are any train exhibits up here! Cameron would LOVE it!!!
Thanks for the tip, Stephen.
Post a Comment