Thursday, November 08, 2007

My seven year old dragon

First was born in the year of the dragon. I remember Dr. Li chuckling, I detected ruefulness, saying that my baby dragon (still in utero) would be getting into some battles with my mother, who is also a dragon.

What he didn't mention was that I would be butting heads with him, too.

Me, the horse. But, I am a special horse, a fiery one, born in a year/cycle that parents of maidens of yore would lie about in order to improve their daughters' chances for marriage. For, who would want to marry a girl who was a fire horse?

I know it's normal for clashes and conflicts to arise when raising a child with love and passion. But, it kind of sucks, too, when it is all so new and unfamiliar. I need to buck up. I mean, he's only seven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horse, eh? Well, that explains (in part, at least) our affinity. Add a dog to the mix and we are an affinity triangle.

shirley said...

What are you?

Anonymous said...

Tiger!