Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kinder's 6th birthday party


Kinder drawing and coloring his birthday cd covers before the party started. First was his sous artist and was a big help.


First and his best friends playing "jankenpo" (Rock, Paper, Scissors) while eating a lunch of sushi and pizza.


Kinder can only take so much being amongst a crowd. Every now and again I would come across him and Lukas hanging out on or behind the big bed (the coat bed of my childhood when my parents would have big parties) playing by themselves.


Holly and Lucia are missed often by me as they spend six months in Paris. Here, during the alternative Hot Potato game, their spirits were with us. It was great to be able to spend some time outdoors and get some fresh air.


The Ben 10 cake, a Bette Hagman's feather light yellow cake with decadent white frosting from Living Without...kids (ever so vigilant and caring) asked First whether he was okay to be eating the cake and grown ups were surprised and delighted as they tucked into a GFCF cake that was just as good as "regular" cake.



Winding down with cousin, Auntie and Uncle, and my cousin, Momoko.


The birthday song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The party was very fun. I liked Kinder's party. The cake was yummy. And I wonder if I'm going to read the post sometime.

Julie_c said...

Looks like a really fun party. And Ellie - OMG - she's so big!!! (That whole "code name" thing gets kinda blown with the birthday song, huh?)
Wish we could have been there.
Blowing kisses from here. Mwah, mwah.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kinder! It looks like you guys had a great time. And I'm so glad you played the alternative hot potato - that's such a fun game. We miss you!
Love, Holly and Lucia