So cool, my friend Ellen has a new book out. I remember the days when writing a paper was pure, absolute, unadulterated torture. Way to go sweetie!
http://www.amazon.com/Family-Bonds-Genealogies-Feminist-Philosophy/dp/0195314751/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-6387017-4855960?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194447519&sr=8-2
That's the long web address...I can't figure out how to make it a link that you can just click on....
It's called Family Bonds and can be checked out at Amazon.
For fans of Ellen, feminist philosophy and Foucault :-)
5 comments:
You can turn a URL into a hyperlink in Blogger by (1) typing it in with the rest of the text (2) then highlighting the URL itself (3) clicking the link button in Blogger (it should have an icon of a chain).
Also, you can create convert long URLs you want to share by using a service like TinyURL. Here's that long Amazon URL converted by TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/2asnz8.
Oh yeah...almost forgot to mention WorldCat.org, a free web service that links together the library catalogs of tens of thousands of libraries around the world. Look up a book on this site, enter your ZIP code, and see if any nearby libraries have the book.
Here's a direct link to the listing for Ellen's book.
Sorry to keep clogging up your comments...I realize my first comment had the URL wrong for the TinyURL service. It is:
http://www.tinyurl.com.
Hey Stephen,
Thanks for the great info!
I managed to create the hyperlink---the step-by-step instruction was helpful.
Now, how do I make the link a single word, like, "here"? I've seen that done on other sites and have always wondered....
Hope you guys had a nice celebration Sunday!
xo
This should be how you make a single word be your link:
In the editor type the text you want to be the link. Now highlight your text and then click on the "insert link" icon. The window pops up asking you to "enter URL." After you enter the URL and hit OK your text should now have a "href=" to the URL. When you preview your page it will only show the text and not the whole URL. Hope it works for you.
Post a Comment