Monday, December 02, 2013

Autumn into advent





Autumn is my favorite season.  One of the things I love this time of year, in this part of the world, is what is uncovered when the leaves fall from the trees (or vines, as the second photo shows).  It feels like Mother Earth presenting opened gifts to me, to us, over and over again.

I was surprised this morning to see that there was a nest in the wisteria out back.  And then, as swiftly, I wasn't surprised as I recalled the bursts of bird song and ruckus, very frequent, amongst the vines and purple blooms during the spring.  Puzzle piece falls into place.  This neighbor cat was drawn by what I imagine were faint yet irresistible scents still wafting from the old nest.

My holiday weekend came to a lovely close with an unexpectedly, luxuriously, long tea with a friend.  Somehow, I unearthed a treasure of a menu item at my favorite café in town.  How did I not know this existed?  It was called "Cream Tea" and included a medium pot of black tea with a scone, butter and jam.  Incredibly complete and comforting.

I hope your days or evenings, as we enter this darkest time of year here in the northern hemisphere, are bringing to light some moments of discovery and delight.

Peace and love.

No comments: