Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just in case

I am leaving tomorrow for Barcelona.  Barbra is taking me on a dream vacation.  The city of Gaudi.

It feels strange to be leaving the family for 10+ days.  I haven't been to Europe, or to a country where I don't speak the language, in over 10 years.  I said to Cap yesterday, "I feel like I am forgetting something big."  A touch of anxiety settling in.

As long as I have my passport, some Euros (the US dollar is so weak!), and my debit card I should be all set, he said.

My camera, my iPhone (which is functionally an iPod Touch), an outlet converter, my Keens, a new Spring coat...my imagination and my appetite...these too, I'll have on hand.

I have no idea how much I'll be posting to the blog.  I have a feeling it won't be too often and may be not at all.  I won't have access to a laptop.  If you're a Facebook friend, you may see me there.  Facebooking is more conducive to the smartphone interface.

A long ago acquaintance, an upperclasswoman from high school, will meet me as I step off the airport bus into the main city plaza, on Friday afternoon.  We reconnected on Facebook and she has been living in Barcelona for over 10 years.  Isn't that something?  (My flight is a red-eye and will be followed by a three hour layover in Madrid.  My return flight will be non-stop :-)

Love and light to you...and in case I don't post till after my return...enjoy the silence ;-)

4 comments:

Julie_c said...

Happy travels!

Shannon said...

Have fun! :-D

Jamie said...

Have a wonderful adventure abroad!!

shirley said...

Thanks y'all! xo