Jay and Amy gave First Monopoly Jr. for his birthday. He's digging it.
We played this morning after coming in from gardening and play. Kinder joined us for the first time. First was the banker for the first time. This is the first board game that we've played with that I have specific memories playing as a kid myself. (We didn't have a ton of board games growing up and a lot of the board games we have are cooperative, non-competitive ones.)
I was never that into Monopoly. Life, now that was my game.
2 comments:
There is a whole world of family-type boardgames that are so much better than Monopoly, Life, etc.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/20567
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/9997
Explore...
Thanks for the links, David, I'll check them out.
We have a mathematician friend who has given us many not-your-run-of-the-mill games over the years. This is why, in part, my kids haven't played more typical old school games like Monopoly until now.
Post a Comment