Saturday, June 17, 2006

Doldrums

There's an episode of The Backyardigans that finds the group of friends on a Viking ship. They encounter a whirlpool and doldrums. I feel as if I've been tossed, finally, and safely, from the spinning waters of the whirlpool and into placid waters. Doldrums. A pocket of time and space where all is relatively still. From whence I may plot my next course of action.

Rhythm sounds good. But, we have a week of doctor and dentist appointments coming up, as well as, a visit from JR and Pam. So, nothing too rigid/formal. Just in and out, in and out.

Cap is in NJ this weekend. I'm holding my breath in as we wait to hear if we got a place. Need to let it out at some point soon since we won't be hearing until Monday. We're up against a single male who earns 150K a year and has two dogs. It sounds small, but is in a great neighborhood where I think we would feel comfortable.

Yosemite has been canceled for this weekend, so I am planning on registering for a one day course at Steiner College on Saturday on Waldorf Fundamentals for parents. My professional development for my non-professional occupation.

In four weeks, at this time, I will be in NYC, in the bosom of my family. I'll have said good-bye to this home we've created here. Wow. I guess at this point I just need to gather up the materials I think I'll find useful for planning and pack them in my travel suitcase. I don't think I'll be doing much planning here. I gotta pack!

No comments: