While we were out at The Pacific Rim Festival today, Kinder complained that his tooth was hurting. His explanation was meandering as I wove them through throngs of people scoping out a good spot for us to watch Cap and his taiko group, Koyasan Taiko.
He complained of pain again while we were sitting in the drizzle consuming various Pacific Rim food and drink, but again, the surroundings were a bit hectic, and I took a look, but all seemed normal.
On the way home, in the car, he finally piped up that his tooth felt loose! I told him I looked forward to getting home so I could get in there to check it out.
Hugs and jubilation in the kitchen, looking deeply into my little boy's eyes, hearts dancing, holding onto him feeling him growing apart from me even as I held him tighter. He was all a mix of self-preservation in the face of my tidal wave and quiet ecstasy.
The first thing he said to me once we were settled down? "Don't write about this in your blog." But, he changed his mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment