Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DIY vegan sour cream


I am following Erin's recipe over at M.A.G. to make vegan and soy-free sour cream to use in the hot artichoke dip for my dinner party.  I love how simple and DIY this recipe is and am looking forward to my first lump of homemade vegan sour cream.  I will do my best to take an "after" shot on Friday morning!

2 comments:

Julie_c said...

I just read the recipe That as to sit for two days?!?! Wow - you must really want some sour cream bad.

shirley said...

I'm curious more than anything, though I do love sour cream :-) It is an adjustment to wait for certain DIY foods (ie. pickles, fermented food). And this certainly fits into that mode. But, so far this recipe is easy! Time and tools are doing all the "work" while I do my thing away from the kitchen :-) I checked this morning and there's probably nearly 1/2 cup of water in the bowl already. Coconut yogurt is kind of sweet so I am hoping making it more "sour" will make the artichoke dip more to my taste :-)