The nor'easter of 2007 has swept through. What a fickle, confusing, climate change-y spring it has been thus far. Our nature table reflects the stuttered pause we are experiencing. Green still mixed with brown, Easter eggs and popcorn seeds present, but no blossoms yet for the vase (from Ojiichan's collection).
The snail shells (barely visible in the nature table picture) are from the Raymond garden, collected during a soil turning. It felt great working the dirt with Will and Karen. I was mesmerized by these shells, their color, their wholeness, so much better preserved in a pretty form than the many sea shells that I've found in my day. I've been tossing thoughts around my head about how to approach gardening this spring/summer and have settled on growing herbs in pots. I'll be taking a class given by a homeschooler on how to grow herbs and then use them in cooking.
I've been working on our taxes for the past three days and am nearly done. Cap'll give them a final double check and then we just have to sign them and get them in the mail tomorrow. It was the first time in over a decade that I've done the tax paperwork (I took over the household finances about a year ago) and I underestimated how grueling a process it would be. I'm thinking of going for a "tax neck" adjustment with Dr. Jayne tomorrow. Especially since I'll be flying cross-country on Wednesday for my trip to California.
No comments:
Post a Comment